Thursday, October 29, 2009

Texas Two-Step : Method #9 Chat and Instant Messaging

I had two different experiences using the chat and IM. I used the chat feature with in FB and talked to one family member who uses traditional words and if a slang or txt language is used she will ask what that means. So, our conversations are often teaching each other. I am definitely no expert so when I’m on with others who routinely using txt language I’m the one asking”what?” It has been a great way to catch up with family and friends living in another state. I have tried Meebo and have not gotten the hang of it yet. I have also used Yahoo’s chat with mixed results.

Another experience is a combination of txt and email. The Little Elm Public Library is a member of an online txt referencing services infoquest.com. This program accepts phoned in txt reference questions and replies in short email messages that are converted back to the user’s phone txt. This service sends and receives messages often combining English and txt languages.

No comments:

Post a Comment