Thursday, October 22, 2009

Texas Two-Step : Method 5 – photos and images

I chose this picture “Emma the Lyme Public Library Cat.” I would love for all libraries to have a mascot – preferably a live one to keep patrons interested. I have a Flickr account and put a couple of pictures up. At one point in my life I believed in taking all the pictures I could. Now all those pictures are in a box (or more recently on a disc.) and not shown at all. Some of these I would like to post, especially for family that don’t live in the area.

I see a potential for new digital libraries to use pictures. They help people understand what libraries are all about. Libraries are about more than books! Images can also bridge the language gap whether it is between cultures or literacy. There are so many uses!

No comments:

Post a Comment