Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Reflections - Thing 23



Reflections on this course in one word – AAAAHHHH! Really, this has been an excellent course. There is just so much to learn in this whirlwind course and the time to keep up all the sites after connecting to them. I will probably focus on a couple and let the rest go away. I created accounts in most of the things and have a new list for just user names and passwords! I now have to figure out how to keep up with all the new things I have learned.

My least favorite this was Digg – I still haven’t figured out why I can’t get it to work the way I expect it to function. That is one “thing”, I’ll go back and practice with. The ones I enjoyed the most are the graphics. In fact I used the automotivator to create a background for my desktop.


The “thing” I’ll use most is Facebook. My family found out about my facebook account and within 12 hours, I had 14 invitations and many requests for farm items!

The big help to this course is the ability to understand just what is available and being able to help patrons as they ask. One other outcome is a directive from our director to find one piece of new technology and find a way to incorporate it in our library. After looking at all the sites, I will be focusing on the hardware that can connect to make it easier for users. An example is the bar code scanner, “CueCat”. Web 2.0 will be something I’m expecting to use on a day to day basis anyway. Many of the things will be used in promotion of the library.

2 comments:

  1. Although CueCat is interesting, it hasn't been made for almost 9 years so I would think of another hardware. Maybe offering a scanner or camera for photos since you enjoyed graphics the most. Glad you enjoyed the exercises.

    ReplyDelete